Features for Teachers: Accidental Time Traveller
Are you looking for rewarding reading resources that your pupils will relish? Then why not try this pack for the award-winning The Accidental Time Traveller from Janis Mackay?
The Learning Resource Pack includes a Novel Study Planning guide, plus a whole set of worksheets for the book. We’d like to say a massive thanks to P5 teacher Helen Matthews, who put together these amazing resources for her class.
The pack brings together a variety of activities to help pupils with a range of literacy goals. Activities are designed to support comprehension, vocabulary and critical analysis. If needed, you can adapt them for Support, Core or Extension levels.
With this pack, your pupils can:
- Explore the world and words of The Accidental Time Traveller
- Get to know characters including Agatha, Saul and Crow
- Draw characters based on descriptive clues
- Delve into Bloom’s Taxonomy with Snakes & Ladders!
Do you know that Janis Mackay can visit your school, as part of the Live Literature funding scheme? Applications for events April to December 2018 are open now! Find out how to apply via the Scottish Book Trust.
Full list of available resources
- Novel Study Planning guide for teachers (PDF, 94kb)
- Pupil Worksheets (PDF, 892kb)
- Writing Target Grid (PDF, 20KB)
- Teaching Literal and Inferential Comprehension Powerpoint presentation (PPT, 156kb)
More about The Accidental Time Traveller
We can offer special deals on class sets. If you’d like more information, please get in touch.
To find out the latest Kelpies news, follow us on Twitter! Or, you can sign up to our mailing list on our homepage.
Would you like a Learning Resource Pack for another Kelpies book? Do you have a resource pack you’d like to share? Please let us know! We’d love to hear from you.