Win a trip to Lochleven Castle!
The true story of the daring escape of Mary, Queen of Scots from the island castle in Lochleven is well-known throughout Scotland and the world. Now, we’re giving you the chance to follow in Mary’s footsteps… Enter our competition and win a family trip to Lochleven Castle!
On a tiny island in the middle of Loch Leven there is a castle.
The only way to reach the castle is by boat.
Many years ago, in that castle on the island, a beautiful young queen was held prisoner.
Her name was Mary, Queen of Scots.
Situated in the middle of Loch Leven, the castle was once the home of Sir William Douglas. Douglas was one of a group of Scottish lords who imprisoned Mary as they wanted to seize her power. Mary lived in her island prison for over a year, before her successful escape plot.
To celebrate the publication of Mary, Queen of Scots: Escape from Lochleven Castle, you and your family can visit the famous castle itself. You can take a boat across the water to see the tower house where Mary was not only held prisoner, but forced to abdicate as Queen. And hopefully you won’t have to make a dramatic escape plan!
To enter, simply order a copy of the book via our website by 31st July. Enter code MQOSCOMP at the checkout to make sure your entry is counted.
Mary, Queen of Scots: Escape from Lochleven Castle
Through stunning illustrations from Teresa Martinez and Breslin’s gripping story, children will feel the tension of Mary’s imprisonment and the excitement of her escape. Mary, Queen of Scots: Escape from Lochleven Castle is the perfect book for young readers to gain insight into this fascinating period of Scottish history.
Terms and Conditions
• Entrants must order a copy of Mary, Queen of Scots: Escape from Lochleven Castle via www.discoverkelpies.co.uk, and add code MQOSCOMP at the checkout.
• Entrants must complete the purchase of the book by midnight (GMT) on Tuesday 31st July 2018.
• Floris Books staff will select the winner at random from all entries.
• The announcement of the winner will appear on the DiscoverKelpies website on Friday 3rd August 2018.
• The winner will receive entry tickets (including boat transfer) to Historic Environment Scotland property Lochleven Castle on a date of their choosing. Tickets will be provided for up to 2 adults and 2 children. The prize does not include transport to/from Loch Leven. You must agree your visit date in advance with Floris Books.
• Prizes are not exchangeable.